Monday, December 31, 2012

So long 2012: My own little preview of coming attractions {New Braunfels Wedding Photography}

New Braunfels wedding photography, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas.
This past year was amazing. It really truly was. So I decided to make a little recap of the year and then set some goals for the new year. I'm also going to share some of my favorite images from 2012 as I tell you of my goals for '13.

I photographed a whole lot of weddings in 2012. I think I'll call it the year of the wedding. I more than doubled the number I shot in 2011. Some of them were a challenge, others were so heart-warmingly beautiful they brought me to tears.

New Braunfels wedding photography, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas.
I traveled all the way to the Dominican Republic for one and as close as down the street from me for another.

Believe it or not my goals in 2013 include not working as much. Or rather, I should say, putting limits on myself and on my business. I can't continue to work 50-60 hour weeks and still love what I do. So resolution number 1 will be to force myself to take more time off. It's sometimes hard to enjoy myself on a day off with my computer and my workload just a few feet away from me. That's the down side of working at home. The plus side is working in my jammies sometimes.

New Braunfels wedding photography, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas.
That brings me to resolution number 2, screen my calls and really put that voicemail to work. I have a serious weakness for answering my phone whenever it rings. Remember when we were younger and hardly anyone had cell phones? People left messages. You were simply unavailable when you went to the grocery store. I will no longer feel compelled to answer my phone when I'm otherwise occupied with cooking dinner, driving my son to school, watching a DVD with my husband or getting my hair cut. Those callers -- who I love and adore and know will understand -- will leave a message and I'll just have to get back to them.

Resolution number 3 is to seriously look into getting some studio space so that I can make resolution number 4 a reality -- make Pin-up a top priority for my business.

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite thing to photograph is I never hesitate when I say pin-up. Most people are surprised I don't say weddings. And while I do love weddings, and they've become what I'm known for, nothing is more fun than getting silly and cheesy in front of a white screen to create pin-ups.

Resolution number 5 is sort of along the lines of my Project 365. Of course I intend to follow through and complete my 365 days of shooting images just for me. But resolution number 5 involves scheduling more just for fun, themed, major photo shoots to fulfill my own passion to create images in my heart and mind. And to complete resolution number 6, which is to enter more contests and try to improve my skills to the level necessary to earn my Master of Photography degree.

Now I won't even get into the personal goals we all set for ourselves involving losing weight and exercising more. That's a no-brainer. Yeah yeah, I'll go to the gym more and cut back on the bon-bon snacking while I watch my stories, yada yada yada. Aren't we all promising that one! Have a wonderful new year and enjoy it like no other. Life's too short to not do what we want.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment