Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My New Favorite Tool {Project 365}

Meet my new toy. It's one of many but already it has improved my photography for families and children.

Isn't it cute! It's a tiny little plastic camera. It measures about 1.5 inches long and one inch high. It has sweet little photos of animals inside and when you hold it to your eye and push the shutter, it changes photos.

My boy brought a few of these home from the dentist a few weeks ago and I thought they were cute so I put them in my bag. Then I encountered a challenging child a few days later. His mom asked him to pose for a photo for her. He crossed his arms and said "no".

That moment is the beginning of most nightmare scenarios for photographers. I quickly thought about a bribe and remembered the little cameras. I pulled one out and showed it to him. I asked him if he'd like to take it home with him. He said yes. I offered him a chance to earn it by smiling really big and letting me take a few photos of him. He agreed. He did it, he smiled and posed beautifully so I gave it to him. He left happy. Disaster averted.

I quickly worked my way through the small stash from the dentists office and realized they were the ticket to lots of happy faces. But I was out. I scoured the internet for these things with no luck so I asked the dentist on our return trip to her office yesterday. She showed me the catalog and I screamed with joy. I called the 800 number and ordered 150 of these little charmers.

They'll be here in a few days and then I'll be packing! I'll be ready for the stubborn kids and the potential nightmares. Bring it on!

Thirty-four days down, 331 to go.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment