Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu scare

I'm sure everyone has heard about the swine flu scare that's plaguing our town right now. My children are home from school and we've decided to stay put and push everything else aside until this blows over. I've canceled all my sessions for this weekend and won't be going out at all. I hope we'll all look back on this a few weeks from now and say "wow that was a lot of fear over a small thing." Of course if it turns out to be a false alarm then everyone will say we overreacted, if it turns into a deadly epidemic, everyone will say we should have done more. In this case it's better to err on the side of caution.

I am worried about my daughter's first communion, which was supposed to be Sunday. I'm wondering if church will be canceled. If it is, then I guess her communion will happen later. The whole family was supposed to come into town for it and I'm sure they won't want to if New Braunfels turns into an epicenter of this thing. Visions of that movie Outbreak are running through my mind -- the one where the government surrounded the town and kept everyone inside through force and then planned on bombing it until Dustin Hoffman rushed in with the antidote at the last minute.

Let's pray for a Hollywood ending to this saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment