Saturday, April 25, 2009

Girl Scouts, Earth Day, sunburn, ouch

Earth Day was a blast today with my Girl Scout troop. We set up a tent at the New Braunfels Earth Day Festival to dish out sun-made s'mores and play a scavenger hunt game with the kiddos. The girls had fun despite our constant battle with wind gusts that seemed determined to knock us out. We had to rescue the flying tent several times and we had a nasty accident with the solar oven when the wind whipped it over, smashing its glass top into a million pieces. But we perceivered (did I spell that right). The girls earned several badges today and took home a nice T-shirt to boot! I managed to get a few good shots of the s'mores and the girls, but I'm a bit too sunburned and tired to download my pictures tonight. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

In other studio news, I had a quickie session with another nursing mom this morning. I hope I was able to get a few shots for her nursing but it proved to be a challenge. This little one simply did not want to nurse this morning. This was the first time I tried to get shots of a mom nursing in Landa Park and I'm guessing in the future we'll have to save that for the teeny tiny babies who are not yet interested in the world around them. This little one was just entering that explore-the-world phase and had absolutely no interest in nursing when there were ducks to be tormented. She was a sweetie, of course, and I, being the baby lovin' lady that I am, chose to simply follow her around and snap off a few shots of her mischief. We'll see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment