Friday, March 26, 2010

Project 365 -- sort of


Blog Thisweb
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
There's a new project that those of us in photography are all abuzz about. It's called Project 365. I know a lot of people who have jumped on the wagon and started shooting the mundane and the normal. The concept is pretty simple and anyone can do it. You don't have to be a photo buff to do it. You don't need a fancy camera. You don't need an idea or a gimmick. The concept is basically to record your life. Every single day of it. Take at least one photo a day. Of anything. Shoot your dog, your kids, your stuff -- whatever.

It's not a hard project for me. I'm shooting all the time. But I do confess that there are days I spend shooting hundreds of photos for other people and I don't shoot a single image for me, just for me. That's going to change. Hopefully.

The other day I took out my camera and put on my fancy, expensive lens and shot some pictures of my boy eating fish sticks. The detail in the ketchup as it drips from the end of his fish stick is so amazing. I enjoyed the experience. The photo I'm sharing today is a section of the junk on my refrigerator door. Fascinating isn't it. I look at this junk every day, but 30 years from now I'll look back at this and think -- "Oh yeah, I forgot about that magnet." This is part of my life, a small part, yet it deserves to be preserved. I also got some images of my son's Wow Wow Wubbzy toy and the cat licking herself in the window. I'm telling you it's golden!

So that's my goal. I'll be pulling out that camera every day even if it's just to shoot the dirty socks my daughter pulled off her feet and threw on the couch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment