Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Event is in the Bag


Jack Ingram
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Last weekend was looking pretty routine this time last week. I had a couple of sessions, my photography class, a visit with family on the calendar. Then I get an e-mail from a friend of mine with the New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce. The Gruene Music and Wine Fest was in need of a photographer to shoot the event for publicity and promotional photos. Could I handle it? On such short notice?

What do you think? I love wine, and I love music. Sure I had a couple of sessions on the calendar, but I could certainly work around those.

I ended up spending roughly 12 hours over the weekend hanging out with musicians, wine drinkers, and the fun-loving folks in Gruene and shooting up a storm. Was it hot? Sometimes. Was it exhausting? Of course. Was it hard to see hundreds of folks partaking in delicious glass after glass of wine without enjoying a single sip for myself (I don't drink on duty). Heck yes!

The results of my adventures can be found here. I also got to meet the great Jack Ingram, who's as normal a guy as any other patron of Gruene Hall, along with a handful of other amazing country music artists.

Now I'll be turning my attention to this weekend, when a beautiful bride will be trashing her dress in the most muddy way possible. Check back next week for photos from that shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment