Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello Summer!


Bagley19web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
It's here. The weekend I've been waiting for all year. The beginning of summer vacation and a much needed break for myself. The only shooting I'll be doing for the next week will be of my own children and possibly a teenager dressed up as a great big mouse. I'm excited to say the least.

I had one last session before the break, however, and I wanted to share it with you. This session was very special to me. These are the children of some good friends of ours and I've gotten to know these kids well over the past 7 years. They're moving out of state in just two shorts weeks and I'm so sad to see them go. I thought this photo was appropriate since they're sort of walking off into the sunset so to speak. I will miss them terribly.

In other studio news, I have made the decision to declare myself as a candidate for certification. Certified Professional Photographers are a rare thing. There are literally hundreds of thousands of photographers all over the country but only a few thousand of them are certified. Being certified means studying and becoming an expert on all the technical details involved in lighting, metering, camera function and even composition. It's a grueling 100 question exam and then a tough review of your work by a board of outstanding certified photographers. I consider it a huge challenge because my memory is getting faulty in my middle age and studying and remembering technical details enough to recall them on a stringent exam is not an appealing thing for me. I'm doing it for myself, however. There's no rule that says I need to be certified to be a successful photographer. It's something I want to do to prove to myself that I can do this. I can be who I want to be.

So with that I'm checking out of here for a week or so. I'll be having a blast at the happiest place on Earth and enjoying my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment