Monday, June 7, 2010

Home Again Home Again....

I took my little family to Florida last week and we hit all the Disney parks. Whew, what a whirlwind. I have to say it was the best vacation ever -- even better than our cruise a couple of years ago. The kids didn't squabble too terribly and everyone seemed to enjoy each other's company.

We flew of course, but in hindsight, we should have driven. We had nothing but flight delays on the way over and on the way back. It took 16 hours to get there if you count time spent sitting around the airport and 10 hours to get home. Google maps says it takes about 19 hours to drive and they're always a little over the actual time. So we literally may have pulled into our resort at about the same time if we had hopped in the car and driven across four states.

I think my favorite would have to be Soarin' at Epcot. I've never had such a real sensation of flying over the treetops as I did on that ride. It was amazing. After that,my favorites would be the classics. The rides that have been at Disneyworld for ages -- Pirates, Peter Pan, the Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World and the Steamboat. Those brought me back to my childhood, when I'd pore over photos and Disney books and dream and wish I could go to the actual park. I made it there when I was a teenager, but at that age, it was all about the thrill rides. I was disappointed at the absence of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Honey I Shrunk the Audience ride was closed for renovations -- bummer.

We really truly did not want to leave when it came time. Usually I'm so worn out at the end of vacation that I can't wait to get home. Not this time. I was ready to change my address to the Port Orleans Resort and start setting up my business there.

I managed to take about 1,500 photos while there. I won't share all of them for you here. I'll post a few along the way. I'm still trying to play catch up so don't panic if I haven't returned your call or e-mail yet. I'm getting there!


IMG_4455
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke








Yes that is me sliding down a big roll of film. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment