Thursday, November 5, 2009

Post Halloween wrap-up


699043520_img_2029
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Halloween was 5 days ago and I'm just now starting to recover from the sugar rush. We had hundreds of trick-or-treaters converge on our home and this year we finally worked out the kinks in our candy distribution method so we were not left with pounds of candy and we didn't run out too early. The trick is to just buy enough candy to get you through the first hour. Then you can simply snag the undesirable candy from the trick-or-treat bags of your own children who returned by then and put them in the pot to give out. This leaves you with just the good stuff at the end of the night. I was left with a bag full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix bars, and Snickers -- no Almond Joys or Mounds -ugh- and no sticky suckers that have a way of ending up entwined in my carpet.

I thought I had it all under control until the next day when my children kept magically appearing with random pieces of candy that seemed to materialize out of thin air. Then I found the culprit. A hidden candy stash between the couch cushions. Those sneaky darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment