Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boudoir Season is upon us {New Braunfels Boudoir Photography}

 Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels, San Antonio Boudoir Photography.
Oh the excitement! Wondering what you'll get. Dreaming of everything that can go wrong and hoping for everything that can go right. Making a checklist and checking it once, twice, three time: wine, check, chocolate, check, flower petals, check, lights, check, camera, check, props, check, sample albums, check. The anticipation is better than Christmas.

It was my annual Boudoir Ball this weekend and it was the best ball ever!

I had a suite at the fabulous vintage Faust Hotel. Nine beautiful ladies brought in bags of their best unmentionables, telling their husbands and boyfriends they were going out for a shopping excursion, hanging out with the girls, or other such fibs. It felt so naughty, so wrong, yet so right! Some of them left toddlers or teenagers at home and all enjoyed the quiet pampering of having their make-up professionally done, sipping wine and being told how amazing they look -- which they did, trust me they were hot!

 Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels, San Antonio Boudoir Photography.
These boudoir balls have brought me teachers, stay at home mothers of many children, grandmothers, civic leaders, military women, military spouses, doctors, school volunteers, a preacher's wife, artists, scientists, salesladies, you name it. I've photographed women of all body shapes and sizes. Women with tan lines and stretch marks, pudgy tummies and double chins. They all look amazing.

 Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels, San Antonio Boudoir Photography.
Now I'm going through the images I took and I'm having trouble narrowing them down to decide which to edit. I got some beautiful images of beautiful ladies.

I did edit a few of my model images. Each year I bring in a model or two to pose for me just so I'll have some images to share with my amazing potential clients. I never share the images taken during private boudoir sessions, with the exception of the few who tell me from time to time that they want me to share their images. I lock my hard drive and throw away the key for most of them.

 Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels, San Antonio Boudoir Photography.
We had a lot of fun with the models. Shooting well into the evening, looking around corners for ghosts. She was a great sport lounging around the hallways and stairwells in her underwear. We had to keep a watch out for other guests and when someone was coming around the corner we'd shout "cover up!" and she'd throw on her coat and then we'd stand around casually as if we always hang out in the hallways with big cameras, big lights while whistling a tune and staring at the ceiling.

 Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. New Braunfels, San Antonio Boudoir Photography.
These images are just a sample of the kind of images I got of my clients. She's a model, but she might as well be your neighbor, the lady who checks out your groceries, the lady who tutors your child. You get the idea. I think my favorite quote of the day was from the last lady I saw. She was so hesitant about it, but she did amazing. She said while getting her make-up done, "I shouldn't be doing this, I'm Catholic!"

There's still time to get your boudoir session before Valentine's Day. Call me.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment