Saturday, July 10, 2010

This is the Face of Identity Theft


Mommyandbug
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
That's me. I don't think I've ever blogged about a photo of me before. I'm usually the one holding the camera. This one was taken by my sister-in-law when we went out to eat a few months ago. I put it up because I wanted to show you me. That's my face. That's the victim of credit card fraud. I doubt the guy who stole my credit card number and purchased almost a thousand dollars worth of tickets to a Neil Young concert in Oakland, California isn't reading my blog. But if he is, I wanted to put a face to that name and that card number. This is the person you tried to steal not only $1,000 from, but also a piece of my happiness, a peace of my belief in the goodness of humanity and a huge chunk of my time. I know you consider credit card fraud a victimless crime, a faceless crime. Well I have a face and there it is.

You'll also be interested to know that the tickets you purchased are no longer valid. Ticketmaster was kind enough to notice your suspicious use of my card number and call me. They were then nice enough to refund my money and cancel those tickets. I feel sorry for the people who may, in the course of your fraudulent dealings, purchase these invalid tickets and get turned away at the door. Those people are victims of your crime just as much as me. They have faces too.

You'll also be interested to know that the card number you hold is no longer valid. The account was closed and that I filed a police report and will be pressing charges. Ticketmaster is very interested in finding you as is the New Braunfels Police Department. Have a nice day Mr. Credit Card Number Thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment