Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Found It


Art20web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Remember what I blogged about last week when I dropped my daughter off at Girl Scout Camp? You know, road tripping and pulling over and shooting what I find yada yada yada. I mentioned my search for an old church near D'Hanis that I wanted to find. On my return trip to pick up my child -- and her raging case of pink eye -- I found the church.

It was a beautiful afternoon and the colors in the sky were gorgeous. I managed to get a few shots of the old ruins before the mosquitoes sucked my body dry of all fluids. Now I have some lovely additions to my Art Print gallery. The one above is my favorite. It reminds me of those old art paintings of castles and knights and princesses. I can just picture a bride lounging in the window there. Looking elegant and reflective and so unaware of the camera.

The church is tucked away on an old country road surrounded by corn fields. There's a cemetery next to it with headstones describing valiant deaths of its occupants who" fought in the Mexican War" and "was killed by Indians in Uvalde County." D'Hanis is a short drive west of San Antonio on Highway 90. I can see me bringing a bride there who is looking for this type of image. But next time I'm bringing more bug repellent.





No comments:

Post a Comment