Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yearbook Season


Mordor Elementaryweb
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I confess I have fallen behind in many areas of my work the past few days. I have been feverishly working on finishing a yearbook for my kids elementary school. I can't seem to stop myself from volunteering for jobs that take up obscene amounts of my time. I've spent quite a few hours at the school, roaming the halls, snapping photos, taking notes and then downloading, editing, cropping, designing etc etc etc.

The photo I'm sharing today is one I took of the outside of the building -- but it's not the one that will go in the yearbook. If you look closely you'll see that this school is actually Mordor Elementary -- not the correct name of our school, but I simply couldn't resist the imagery -- being the big Lord of the Rings fan that I am. I don't know that our sweet principal would appreciate the references to the Dark Lord Sauron's childhood school -- that is if he ever went to elementary school.

Yes, I manage to break away from the real work of organizing children into their grade and class to have a little fun.

I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment