Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's Wedding-Booking-Season and time to reflect on the past year...


formals136web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Lisa on Location has been getting lots of wedding requests the past few weeks and that's been great. I love weddings! So far I have a few weddings booked for this spring as well as October and December. The time to book a wedding for this year is now! I try not to shoot more than one or two weddings a month. I like to have some Saturdays off every now and then. I have a spot reserved at the Hill Country Bridal Spectacular on January 17 and I'm hoping to meet many more brides at that time. This will be my first Bridal Show and I'm really excited about it. I printed up some of my favorite bridal photos on canvas gallery wraps and they look wonderful! I can't wait to display them.

While putting together my display, I've gone over a lot of sessions over the past year to select the very best images to share and it made me realize how far I've come and how many people I've met along the way. I worked with a lot of models early on last year in trade for print deals -- we helped each with portfolio building -- and many of them have moved on to bigger and better things. One is now a highly sought-after professional in her business with lots of prestigious bookings. Another is garnering walk-on spots for television shows and enjoying some major gigs in the Houston area. Others are continuing with their own successes in our area and/or moving on to other markets. I'm so proud of all of them. I get to say "I knew her when." It's so great to keep in touch with these people and see where their dreams take them. It's also nice to reflect on my own skills and wonder how much further I'll go in the next year. I consider my photographic skills today to be so much improved over the past year and I can only imagine that I will continue to grow and learn as a photographer. There are so many amazing workshops and conferences coming this year that I look forward to attending. I'm excited to see what 2010 brings me and how much further I can grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment