Friday, November 2, 2018

When My Minimalist Approach (i.e. I got lazy) Turns Out to Be Amazing {San Antonio Engagement Photography}

Recently I had an engagement session at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens and I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to go. It was early in the morning and I was tired from shooting a late night event the night before and it was cold and windy outside. My bed was so much nicer.

Don't judge me, even people who love their job as much as I do have a hard time getting out of bed sometimes.

It was because I was tired and feeling lazy that morning that I opted to NOT drag my camera bag and extra light stands all over the Botanical Gardens that morning. I brought one camera, one lens, one strobe and extra batteries in my pocket and I went into the park.

I took it as a challenge. Sure I was tired, but isn't this what makes photographers great. Pushing themselves to create magic with just the bare minimum?

I confess there were times at the beginning where I envisioned gorgeous images that would involve me going back to the car for an extra strobe or two and setting up light stands. But I didn't. Mostly because I was too lazy, but by the end of the session I was feeling the challenge and I think I created some nice images without all the gear.

This session re-inspired me to do more with less. Sure it's easy to create great images with multiple lights and specialized lenses. But I don't need it all the time!





Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment