Friday, November 30, 2018

Unusual Locations for Engagement Sessions Thrill Me {New Braunfels Engagement Photography}

I always love to use an engagement session to get to know a couple. It's often the only time I get to spend any amount of time with the them, especially the groom, before the big day.

Engagement sessions are also a bit more relaxed and informal than bridal sessions and wedding days so it's a good time to have light conversations and enjoy getting to know each other.

These are the moments that I often earn the trust of the couple and they get a good idea of my shooting style so it's not a surprise on the wedding day.

What makes it more fun is when we shoot in places that are special for the couple. I always ask my couples "what do you like to do together" and that's a good starting point for planning our location and the look and feel of the session.

Recently, one of my couples told me they love to go to the movies. So we arranged a time with the Alamo Drafthouse in New Braunfels for us to come in and use and emtpry theater. It was fun moving freely around the theater without crowds before they were open. And the images came out interesting and unique. Here are a few of them.



At another recent engagement session, the couple told me they enjoy drinking craft beer and hanging out at Guadalupe Brewing Company. So we met up on a Saturday afternoon. They also loved spending time with their dogs so they brought them along. It was chaos with three active dogs but it was a lot of fun and we were really able to learn a lot about each other during the session.



Any time my couples want to step out of the normal I'm all for it. It makes my job so much more interesting!



Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment