Saturday, January 7, 2012

And Here We Go Again! 2012 is in swing! {New Braunfels Wedding Phototgraphy}

New Braunfels wedding photography at Landa Park and the Faust Hotel by Lisa On Location photographyNovember just about killed me. And December kicked me while I was down. I loved every minute of them, but I was exhausted most of the time. You see, just like there's a football season, and a hunting season and a Christmas season, we photographers have out own seasons.

January and February is photography conference and seminar season. We'll be hitting New Orleans shortly to take care of that! Spring is wedding season number 1. Then there's late spring when it's Senior season. Then comes summer where there's a few more weddings (in Texas it's not as popular a wedding season as the rest of the world because it's so damn hot) but there's a little bit of a lull. Then fall hits and it's major wedding season for us. I think I've told you that October is the biggest wedding month of the year for Texas and a lot of weddings sort of build up to that month and then die down at the end of November. Then hits Christmas card season where I'm swamped with families and card orders. Then Christmas comes and I see a little peace. The week after Christmas my phone doesn't ring much and I don't get many e-mails. I don't like if for long, but I love it for short. I spend all day in my jammies. I play Wii with my kids. I eat too much junk food, drink too much wine, stay in bed too long every day and watch movies that I've seen a dozen times already. I get a year's worth of lazy weekends slammed into one or two weeks.

New Braunfels wedding photography at Landa Park and the Faust Hotel by Lisa On Location photographyThis past week saw the end of my lazy post-Christmas break with the flood of wedding inquiries (lots of engagement rings under the tree this year), a couple of senior sessions and then finally the first wedding of 2012 today. And it was a beauty! The setting was Landa Park. An outdoor wedding on January 7 was a gamble for this couple. Would it be nasty and cold and wet or not? It was not. It was gorgeous. And this couple deserved a day like today. Jessica and James were so sweet and so young and so genuinely in love. It was a joy to spend this beautiful Saturday afternoon in their company.

The wedding followed with a dinner and dance at the beautiful and historic Faust Hotel in New Braunfels. I love the Faust and the people who work there so I was thrilled when they called me a few months ago.

This was a great way to start off 2012 for Lisa on Location. Then I returned home to a child that was throwing up. So I guess my lazy break is over. It's time to get back to the work that I love so much. Not the throwing up part--the photography part. The throwing up part just comes with the territory.

New Braunfels wedding photography at Landa Park and the Faust Hotel by Lisa On Location photography

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment