Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's in the genes {New Braunfels Senior Photography}

New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin senior portrait photographyMy baby cousin is finally graduating from high school. I say "finally" and I say "baby" because she's the youngest of the bunch. The rest of us grandkids graduated in the 80s and early to mid 90s. She was the little one at all our gatherings. The baby with the boogers that needed wiping. The little tag along. The sweet little child who did everything cutely and could do no wrong. She was the flower girl at my wedding. She made the cutest entrance tossing her flower petals and prancing down the aisle.

Who would have guessed that that sweet little red-head would grow up to be such a knock-out. She's Miss Everything at her school. She's first in her class for grades and was voted Prom Queen. I'm so proud of her.

I had the honor of taking her senior portraits the other day. Her mom wanted a few of her in her prom dress and then some more casual shots. When she asked me to choose a location for these portraits and recommended either a nice old house with a pretty front porch, or a falling down old barn that's overgrown and grungy, which do you think I picked? That's right -- you're finally getting to know me!New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin senior portrait photography

So we headed out to this decrepit old barn and found a treasure trove. A broken down old office chair in a pile of rubble -- grabbed it and used it. A quaint old outhouse with wooden potty seats still intact -- yes we so went there -- the prom queen sat on the potty and smiled, her crown sparkling in the light that peeked through the cracks in the roof.

My cousin and I had a blast. She's a natural. It's no wonder she's so popular with her wit and charm and natural tendency to have a good time. This baby is not a baby anymore, but she'll always be my baby cousin. Now excuse me while I dry my eyes.
New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin senior portrait photography
New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin senior portrait photography
New Braunfels, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, Seguin senior portrait photography
Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment