Monday, February 21, 2011

"How did she do that without getting her dress wet?" {New Braunfels Wedding Photography}

That was the number one question asked to me by bride-to-be after bride-to-be yesterday at the Columbus Bridal Expo in Columbus, Texas. The answer, of course, is "she didn't." That's a real dress that is really getting wet and she's really floating in an inner tube wearing that dress in the Comal River here in New Braunfels.

I took this shot a couple of years ago and it's still the one that seems to get the most attention when I display it at a bridal show or online. I've blogged before about my trash the dress shoots and how much fun it is to get dirty in our best evening wear. But it's still fun to see the faces of those who'd never heard of the concept before.

Bridal shows are a blast. This was only my second show. Each time I learn a little more about what to do next time. I get ideas from other vendors on how best to display my packages and my photos.

The best part is meeting all the brides. They're so wide eyed and excited. Some are just getting started having gotten engaged merely days or weeks ago. Others have been doing this a while and are trying to finish up last minute errands. Some have a wedding date three years in the future, others are scrambling to pull one together in a few weeks. They ranged in age from young adult (just a few years older than my own daughter -- yikes) to mature couples planning to settle down with their new love after their own children are already grown and on their own.

It was also fun to meet other vendors and swap stories about weddings and share ideas.

I don't know how often I'll do bridal shows. They're a lot of fun but they're also a lot of work and an exhausting way to spend a Sunday afternoon. This one resulted in a nasty scratch on my nice flat screen slideshow display monitor -- one of the hazards of moving it around. But it was worth it to meet some new friends and possibly book a few weddings.

If you're one of the brides I met yesterday, thanks for coming to my blog and give me a call when you'd like to talk some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment