Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer's Winding Down, Classes Starting Up


Land Park Dolphins
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I got word this morning that my photography classes were approved by the New Braunfels Community Education. I'm really excited to be moving forward with this. The classes will be every Monday starting September 14. The first session will be 5 classes long and will cover the basics of photography -- exposure, lighting, composition, on-line photo sharing. The second session will begin October 19 and continue for another 5 weeks. That session will cover more in-depth photography basics involving SLRs. We'll learn about equipment, lenses, creative techniques and off camera lighting as well as touching on photo editing. Feel free to drop me an e-mail for more information.

With the beginning of planning for fall classes comes the end of summer. The Landa Park Dolphins are winding down their season and preparing for the end of the year banquet. Some of you may have noticed the Dolphins Gallery on my Clients page. I've been super busy working as the team photographer and have enjoyed the position immensely. I've met some really great people and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with them even in the off season. The photo I chose to share today is one I took of my favorite swimmer -- my daughter. This was taken moments before her state-qualifying race at the regional swim meet. She's got on her game face and she's preparing her goggles. Great job sweetie and an awesome season was had by all the Dolphin swimmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment