Monday, February 19, 2018

Rediscovering Your Inner Diva after Years of Marriage and Three Kids. Yes You Can Do It! {New Braunfels Boudoir Photographer}

When Ady came to my studio a few weeks ago she was nervous. Scratch that, she was scared! Ady had volunteered to be my muse and was okay with my sharing her session with all of you even before she saw the images.

It's not something that's easy to do. She's pretty damn brave.

Ady is a stay-at-home mom to three kids ages 2, 10 and 11 years.

I instantly bonded with her, being a mom with kids in a similar age span, just a few years older. And once upon a time I was a stay at home mom too and I know all too well the endless days of diapers, Barbies all over the place, messes in the kitchen (and bathroom and everywhere else) and the constant cries of "Mom", "Mom", "Momma!", and "Mommeeeeeeee!"

If you don't lose your inner Diva during those days then there's something different about you. But us normal moms know the unsexy feeling that comes after years of all that mom business.

Ady decided to make the plunge because she was curious about boudoir. And her husband was all on board for her to have the session, although she admits, it's all about her, not him.

Ady didn't have much in the way of wardrobe. She came in with just a couple of outfits that she hadn't worn in years and some shoes that she had to dig out of the back of the closet.

Stay at home moms don't usually need heels. Or fancy lingerie.

The first outfit we tried is Ady's (I didn't share any of those because she was still a little nervous. I much prefer to share the images where she finally relaxed) and the second is one I had on hand that happened to fit her. I keep a small selection of basic pieces on hand to help women who may not have something when they come in. Fortunately, The Perky Peacock in downtown New Braunfels is great about supplying me with gorgeous pieces. They're also my favorite store to recommend to ladies to make a shopping trip before their session.

And you'll see the third outfit is actually no outfit at all. We used the sheets on the bed to clothe her and keep the session tasteful. with a hint of naughty. As you saw in Ashley's session last week, some women are great with baring all, while some prefer to stay a bit more modest. We can make it sexy with the implication of nudity without every showing it.

Ady opted for an implied nudity scene with the sheets. This is also a great way to fill out a session for a client who doesn't come in with much in the way of wardrobe. I can often clothe her totally with whatever I have in the studio, whether that's sheets or corsets or gorgeous silk shawls and wraps.

When Ady left she was so much more relaxed (and no, she didn't drink the wine you'll see her with in some of the images. It's actually quite yucky tasting so I keep it on hand as a prop only.)

Ady left on a natural high that all my clients leave with. It's a combination of "whew, that wasn't so bad" and "wow, I'm pretty hot after all."

If Ady can do it, you can too. What are you waiting for?



Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment