Friday, October 5, 2012

The Party Ain't Over Until the Coyote Leaves

A lot of people, upon hearing that I am a wedding photographer, like to ask "so I bet you see a lot of crazy stuff?" Well, as a matter of fact I do. But I won't go into all that here. I will, however, go into one particular wedding that had it's fair share of crazy stuff. But crazy in a good way.

When Nikii first called me it was just a few short weeks until her wedding and she was just inquiring about availability and packages. I talked to her a while and then we hung up without booking. I didn't hear from her again until about a week before the wedding when she was ready to book if I was still available. I was and we did. She also booked her caterer and venue pretty last minute as well and sent all her invitations out the week before as well.

But Nikii proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can plan and arrange one heck of a wedding/party at the last minute. More than 150 loved ones showed up at Castle Avalon on that beautiful Sunday afternoon. And they were in for surprise after surprise. First came the bagpipe player. I love bagpipe music so I was thrilled to hear it coming from the balcony over the garden during the wedding and recessional.

The guests were then treated to a wonderful mariachi performance during the dinner -- which was quite tasty thanks to Fritz Catering.

But the highlight of the evening, at least for the Spurs fan in me, was the arrival of the Spurs Coyote just in time for dessert.

It was a surprise to the groom, who was celebrating his birthday that weekend. What a lovely birthday gift for a bride to give to her new husband.

Nikii pulled off an amazing party on short notice. I'm so glad she called me!

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment