Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I've Got a Secret {New Braunfels Wedding Photography}

So far this summer has been pretty cool. Business slows down a bit at the end of May. All the 2012 seniors are pretty much done and it's still a bit early for the 2013 seniors. Weddings for the summer are all booked and we're just waiting for the big days to roll around. All that's left to do is finish up a few orders, build a few albums, shoot a family session every now and then and spend the rest of the time chilling.

We have passes to Schlitterbahn, which is fun to do on a lazy mid-week afternoon. We avoid the weekends and we spend just a couple of hours, tops, on any given day.

We took a little mini vacation to Houston last weekend. The Beach Boys are having their 50-year reunion tour and we wouldn't have missed it. The Beach Boys' music is an iconic symbol of summertime so we couldn't think of a better way to kick it off with the family. We also caught a live performance of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and hung out at the Houston aquarium for a while.

But that's just the start of our summer fun. The big grand vacation to talk about will be in about a week or so. It's so amazing the kids will drop their jaws and scream in hysterics. And the reason I know they will is because they have no idea what it is yet.

I thought it would be fun this year to plan our vacation without telling them a thing about it. I've given nothing away. I'm horrible at keeping secrets. When I give presents away I usually can't stand the suspense and give it to them early. That's why I'm so proud of my resolve on this issue. They have no clue! Our conversations about it usually go something like this:

Them: "Are we flying or driving?"
Me: "Yes"
Them: "So which is it, flying or driving?"
Me: "One of those options."
Them: "Is it Disneyworld?"
Me: "Maybe"
Them: "Is it Hollywood?"
Me: "Maybe"
Them: "Is it a cruise?"
Me: "Maybe"
Them: "You're mean."
Me: "I love you too."

So that's pretty much our daily conversation on the topic. I will say that I'm impressed with their guessing ability. One of them has actually guessed it among the hundreds of guesses that have been made. But I didn't give it away.

And now you can wonder as well. "Where oh where is Lisa taking the family for their vacation this summer?" How about this: I'll write a blog and set it to post at exactly the same moment that the kids find out where we're going -- like when we actually arrive there. That way you'll find out at the exact same time as them. I'd hate to have you sit in the dark for all that time waiting for our return to find out where we went.

But until then I'll give you a hint. It's going to be So. Much. Fun!

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment