Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm a Big Girl and I Can Cry if I Want To {New Braunfels Wedding Photography}

New Braunfels wedding photography by Lisa On LocationI never cry at weddings. Ha! I used to be able to say that. I used to be able to say that I stay totally unbiased and on the job and professional that I keep those tears in check and push on through. But last Saturday when the father of the bride walked into that choir room at the First Protestant Church in New Braunfels and choked back tears as he took that first look at his daughter in her gown, well let's just say some of us with and without a camera in our hands were bawling like babies.

I pulled it together though. The mother of the bride asked me "Lisa, were you crying too?" "No," I replied, "I think a gnat flew in my eye. Yes, that's it. There was a bug. There are bugs all over the room."

New Braunfels wedding photography by Lisa On Location
The water works kept coming though. The bridesmaids made their way down the aisle with tears flowing and scrunched up noses. Tissues were being pulled from everywhere. The sounds of sniffling filled the air as the bride made her way down the aisle on her daddy's arm. "Gosh darn it," I thought. "I said I wasn't going to do this again."

New Braunfels wedding photography by Lisa On Location
But I proudly made it through the wedding with my mascara intact! It was a beautiful ceremony and the bride was so sweet and good-natured. There was a boo-boo with the bridal bouquet and she thought she wouldn't have one for her walk down the aisle. She was perfectly calm about it and her mom and bridesmaids pulled one together without a hitch. Her real bridal bouquet did show up in time for the event, however. Her garter was missing as well but a friend made a speedy trip to the store to pick up a replacement. It was all good and okay with this easy going lady. She's a winner and the groom is so lucky to have found her. And I was lucky to a be a part of this beautiful wedding. Thanks so much for having me! And I promise, no more tears from me! At least not until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment