Monday, August 16, 2010

We Gotta Say Good-bye Summer


Dolphins
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
This is where most people would probably blog about how they can't believe summer is coming to an end. How it seems like just yesterday that school was out and then they blinked and it all came to an end. I hope you've learned by now that I am not most people.

This has been one long summer. It seems like ages ago that we kicked off our summer at Disneyworld and I can't believe it's only been a couple of months since we hit triple digit heat. This summer has been an endless stream of squabbling children, sweltering heat, and non-stop work. It feels like it's always been this hot. Was I ever really comfortable outdoors? October can't get here soon enough. People outside of Texas would argue that actually fall begins in September but they don't know how hellish September is in Texas.

I love my children and I love to spend all day with them every day. Really I do. But I usually forget how much I love spending all day with them somewhere around the middle of June.

The end of summer means the end of swim season so I'm sharing my final photo of the swim team for this year. The Dolphins hosted their fun meet on Saturday. It's the one meet of the year where the kids can team up with their parents to compete in relays. I always hear 'why don't you get out there and swim" and I laugh it off with something like "gotta take the photos" yada yada yada. But you want to know the truth that I'm ashamed to admit to all these brave and fit swim parents? Truthfully, I don't like to get splashed in the face. I don't like water up my nose, and I can't hold my breath more than a couple seconds. Oh and I never learned to dive. There it is. I'm a wimp. Is it any wonder that I'm so fascinated that my daughter is like a fish in water and can swim circles around me. I'm okay with that, as long as she doesn't splash me in the face.

Thanks for all the memories Dolphins! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment