Wednesday, July 8, 2009

M'Liss Stevens

I had hoped to write a fluffy blog this week about our vacation to the Texas coast and post a few photographs of beaches and sunsets. But my vacation was not the carefree adventure I'd hoped. I lost a friend the other day and the world lost a good person. M'Liss Stevens, one of my Girl Scout co-leaders for my daughter's troop passed away after a very short battle with pancreatic cancer. She was only recently diagnosed and had just begun her battle. She leaves behind a husband and two children -- one of them my daughter's age. We shared some interesting conversations while sharing duty at numerous Girl Scout cookie booths and a county fair booth as well as countless swim meets where her daughter and mine compete on the same team. I can only imagine the pain those children are feeling. It hurts to know such sweet kids are suffering. Today I will say good-bye to M'Liss, but she will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment