Friday, June 5, 2009

Some babies are just too cute to not photograph


Bella16web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I was planning a session with this sweet little baby the other day when I realized I did not have my strobe. I have limited equipment at this time -- basically I have slaves that I use to light my flashes that are dependent upon my strobe to flash to tell them when to flash. Without my strobe, I can't use my fill lights. Darling Jayme took the strobe with him and I was left to fend for myself. But it didn't turn into a disaster because -- low and behold -- I love natural lighting and a large percentage of my photographs were taken using natural light alone. So I didn't get the images I had in mind when I started out this photo session, but I did get a lot of really great shots using only the light from the window. Go find Bella in the Newborn Gallery of my website and tell me what you think. If you'll look closely at her eyes, you can see the window reflecting in the catchlights. And on one of them -- I won't tell you which, you can see our Siamese, Holly, who jumped in the window at just the right time. What could be better than a silhouetted kitten in the catchlight of a baby's eye?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of our little angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of our little angel :)

    ReplyDelete