Friday, May 11, 2012

School's Out for me! {New Braunfels Photography}

The finals were tough. I got little to no sleep. I studied too much, drank too much and tried my darndest to get a semester's worth of college done in one week. And now I'm back at home after one exhausting week of Texas School of Professional Photography. I actually got home a week ago but it's taken me that long to catch up on my client load before I could sit down, take a deep breath, and chill.

This was my first year of Texas School -- as it's called amongst us photographers. Until now my little ones were just too young to leave for a week. It was tough on them as it was. Probably toughest on Jayme, however, he had to handle all the jobs of mom plus dad all week. No easy task as I can attest!

The images you see here are some of what I took during the course as we learned different lighting and posing techniques.
Every May about 1,000 photographers from all over the country (and a few from across the globe) converge on the big town of Dallas to cram a massive amount of learning into a 6-day period. We took over the hotel and a few extra buildings as well in 35 different classes. I took a class on Wedding Photography with renowned wedding photographers Robert and Leslie Faust of Robert Faust Photography of New Orleans. It was great getting to know this amazing duo of wedding photographers and listen to them share secrets that have built them into some of the most in demand wedding photographers in the country.

I also enjoyed meeting and spending time with the other photographers in my class. I gained about a dozen new friends and contacts and can't wait to get together with them more on a professional or social level.

As soon as I left the school on Friday I went straight to the Museum of Biblical Art in Dallas to photograph one of my Dallas brides. It worked out great that she could meet me while I was in town and we could work our session in. She was the first of many brides to enjoy my new-found mad lighting skills. I can't wait to share her images with you after the wedding. I'm bursting at the seams!



Although I enjoyed the fierce intense learning, I missed my family like crazy. They had a whole week of school. A whole week of lunches, a whole week of dinners, a whole week of homework, and a whole week of bedtimes without me. I'm glad Texas School only comes once a year. As much as I loved it, there's still no place like home.
Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment