Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 4: The Scariest Part of Halloween: The left over pumpkin {Project 365}

My kids are always after me to carve the pumpkin too early. If we had it their way, we'd carve them October 1. But I tell them over and over, once you carve them, they start to wilt, fast.

365 photo challenge, Lisa on Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. Decaying jack o' lantern
So I shall use this image to illustrate my point. Our pumpkins were carved two days before Halloween. Now here we are on November 5, with a nasty, gnat infested mess on our front porch. They literally fall apart into a sticky, stinky, slime when I try to move them.

So what better image to illustrate Day 4 of my project than with the rotted remains of a Hallween Jack O' Lantern. Notice the flies and gnats buzzing nearby. Notice the mold and slime growing in the eyes and mouth. This is scarier than anything on Halloween!

Four days down, 361 more to go. Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment