Wednesday, November 7, 2012

All I'm Saying, Is Give Peas a Chance {Project 365}

Coolest. Blog title. Ever. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do a blog with that title. I seriously have tried. And tonight I have that opportunity.

Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. 365 photo challenge
I love peas. I just do. I think they're tasty little morsels of goodness. Jayme hates them. He really hates them. So for the first few years of our marriage. I avoided them. "We mustn't have peas in the house," I told myself. I'll just eat them at restaurants or pot lucks. Only the thing is. We rarely went to restaurants or pot lucks. It was a cold winter day in early '98 when I realized "how long has it been since I've had a nice steaming bowl of peas?" Too long, I say!

So began the battle of the peas that lingers to this day. Some nights they'd hide in a stew. Other nights a serving of chicken fried rice. It's always funny when he fails to notice the peas until they're in his mouth. Tonight's battle revealed itself in a home made chicken pot pie. I added carrots and green beans, but lo and behold, we were out of celery. "What can I use to take the place of celery in this recipe?" I asked myself. And what should answer me but a plastic container of left over peas from the other night (which Jayme didn't touch of course) staring me in the face on the top shelf of the fridge. Score Lisa!

So I added the peas to the chicken pot pie. "Surely he won't notice," I tell myself. Okay so the peas were a little more plentiful than I thought. There was more left over than I remembered. But that's okay. They'll get eaten. Mostly. So picture 1 is Jayme annoyed with having to clear peas from his homemade chicken pot pie. At about this moment he's probably thinking "why did I challenge her to this stupid thing" or perhaps "18 waking hours today and she had nothing else to shoot but me and these peas."

And picture 2 is the lonely pile of rejected peas on Jayme's plate. Aren't they cute! Six down, 359 to go.

Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. 365 photo challenge
Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment