Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Veranda Keeps Getting Better and Better {San Antonio Wedding Photography}

This is the third in a series of blogs about my favorite wedding venues in and around the San Antonio and New Braunfels areas.

I first learned about the Veranda when I booked a beautiful couple who'd come straight from the venue to meet with me. They had the distinct honor of being the very first couple to book it and I would have the honor of being the very first photographer to photograph it.

Shortly before that first wedding I visited the Veranda to take a look around. I met with Jessica, the friendly coordinator on site. I was a little nervous because it was a week before the wedding and there was construction equipment everywhere. She assured me it would be ready and she was right.

The venue is nestled in the trees in Castle Hills and actually has a castle turret on the property, which is how Castle Hills got it's name. The house dates from the 20s when it was a private residence of a founding family of the area.

The house is gorgeously remodeled and updated and give the feeling of a glamorous Gatsby party waiting to happen.

The front entry way is one of my favorite places to photograph the bridal party and the happy couple.



I also love the side patio. It serves as a nice place for guests to gather when they arrive for the ceremony. It's also a nice place away from the dancing pavilion where guests can gather for conversations with family and friends.



The front yard is huge with lots of gorgeous trees and an excellent view of the house.



The back patio is the crowning glory of the Veranda. I've seen it used as the ceremony site itself, as a cocktail hour location, and as an are for games during the reception. It photographs beautifully.



Couples can choose that patio or the side yard for the ceremony site.



Much of the reception takes place in the pavilion on the back yard. I've seen weddings in the heat of summer and the cold of winter in this open air pavilion. It works well no matter the weather.



Photographing a wedding at the Veranda is a comfortable experience. The staff is helpful and obviously enjoy their jobs very much. The home-like environment is cozy and pleasant and there is a beautiful photo opportunity behind every corner.

Give Jessica a call to take your own tour of this favorite San Antonio wedding venue.



Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment