Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Boulder Springs is My Home Away From Home {New Braunfels Wedding Photography}

This is the second in a series of blogs to highlight some of my favorite places to photograph weddings in the New Braunfels and San Antonio area.

No blog about wedding photography in the New Braunfels and San Antonio area would be complete without talking about Boulder Springs. It's quickly become one of the most popular destinations for brides in this area.

I'm honored to be one of their top preferred vendors from the very beginning. In fact I photographed the very first bride to ever book there! (although her wedding wasn't for several months after their opening)

I've lost count of the weddings I've had the honor of photographing as this lovely venue. I've watched it grow and change over the years. I can remember when there was only one hall and all the trees and plants were tiny shrubs.

What most brides love about the hall is it's rustic decor and the fact that it's so lovely on it's own, you hardly need to decorate it all. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't. I've seen weddings with very little and weddings that pull out all the stops.





Boulder Springs is one of several venues in The Springs Events lineup. Although the layouts are very similar, each brings their own set of charms to the family. Stonehaven Hall and Legacy Hall at Boulder Springs are very similar except for a few small details. I will confess to walking in the wrong restroom on occasion when photographing weddings and getting momentarily confused about which hall I'm in! Now I'm careful to read the door signs.

Some of the favorite spots at Boulder Springs are the elegant double doors on either side.







Couples also love the gorgeous bridges over the fountains near the ceremony site. I've done many photo sessions on these bridges over the years and I'm still discovering angles that I hadn't seen before. You can't take a bad photo here!





The ceremony site itself is gorgeous as well. The sun sets to the left and behind the audience so they rarely have the sun in their eyes. I've photographed this area on the hottest day of the year and on the coldest. Can you believe 104 degrees and then 17 degrees. I've seen it all.





The dressing rooms for the bride and the groom are roomy and comfortable



And the view of the hill country from the back of each hall is breathtaking. I like the way we can shoot some angles to look like we're away from everything else. So romantic.



Boulder Springs books up fast. Almost every single Friday, Saturday and Sunday gets booked many months and sometimes years in advance.

I wish I could clone myself to shoot there more often as I sometimes have to turn away couples when I'm already booked. This spring is booking fast for me so call soon to make sure I'm at your Boulder Springs (or any of these lovely venues I'm talking about) wedding.

Happy venue hunting!

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment