Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Real Story is in the Review {New Braunfels Photography}

I spent a few hours last night reading reviews. Not just mine, but the reviews left for other photographers. It started with me checking out the reputation of a photographer I was considering shooting with. Then I clicked on other photographers and I clicked on their reviews and other reviews and it got my wheels turning.

Most people rate photographers on a few similar categories: 1) Value of what they got for their money, 2) Customer service provided by the photographer including their personality, and 3) The quality of the images they got from the photographer. I don't think I once saw a review saying "she wore amazing outfits," or "she had a funny smell." I did find one bad review that said "when I came to her office she wasn't wearing a shirt," but that was just a weird one and I hardly ever walk around topless so I'm not concerned at all about anyone saying that.

I'm proud of the fact that I have really high reviews. It's tricky to share reviews because there are so many outlets to post reviews. I may be totally unaware of some of the review locations out there. But I'm proud that I don't have a single negative review.

I don't usually push reviews with my clients and my husband is constantly criticizing me for that. The conversation will go like this:

Me: "That bride with the really fun wedding I did last month told me she loves all her images and she's thrilled with me. She's sending me cookies to say thanks."

Him: "Did you ask her to write a review for you?"

Me: "No, but I'm getting cookies."

Him: "Cookies don't matter, reviews do."

Me: "But they're peanut butter...."

So, alas, because cookies don't tell the whole story even in all their peanut buttery goodness, I must ask for reviews. So this blog is me asking you to write one if you've ever loved the work I've done for you. Here are some lovely links to read some of those reviews and for you to leave some yourself.

But this doesn't mean I don't still want cookies.

These are on The Knot.

These are on Wedding Wire.

These are on Facebook.

Here are my Yelp rreviews.

These are my Google reviews.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment