Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Glamour with Sheri Ashley {New Braunfels photographer}

Sheri Ashley's a student studying fashion in San Antonio and an aspiring part-time model. She'd participated in a few photo sessions here and there, but wanted more professional-grade images to add to her portfolio. Scheduling was tight, but we met in San Antonio, at the Arneson River Theatre on the River Walk for a shoot just before sunset. Needless to say, I wanted to do a good job for her. Whenever I go out alone on photo shoots, I'm keenly aware that I'm not Lisa. She's the Certified Professional Photographer, after all!

San Antonio River Walk glamour photography, New Braunfels photographer

Sheri Ashley was a lot of fun to work with. She took direction well and brought a great attitude. Her hair was long and dramatic, but what really stood out for me was her eyes. She has striking hazel eyes, with sharply defined areas of brown and green. We worked our way down the length of the River Walk, stopping whenever we found a setting that looked interesting. We wanted to cross the river to take some shots at San Antonio's famous Marriage Island, but the tall buildings all around plunged that part of the River Walk into deep shadow. Instead of wasting valuable time setting up off-camera lighting, we instead chased the sun up to street level where we shot some more.

San Antonio River Walk glamour photography, New Braunfels photographer

Being interested in the fashion scene, Sheri Ashley is someone who's attracted to striking visuals. She changes the color of her hair regularly, and I suspected that the strange, ethereal look of false-color infrared photography would catch her attention. I was right. The otherworldly images I showed her on my camera's LCD screen left her speechless. Normally, I tend toward subtlety when I process infrared images, but in this case I went in the opposite direction. I wanted the focus of the image below to center on her striking blue hair, and added a texture overlay to enhance the overall painterly, artistic effect. I'm not usually so "in your face" with infrared, but in this case, the flamboyant approach is growing on me.

San Antonio River Walk infrared glamour photography, New Braunfels photographer

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment