Friday, January 29, 2010

New Braunfels Photography Classes Open for Registration

It's time once again to register for the New Braunfels Community Education's Intro to Photograpy course. I split it into two different courses this time -- one for the owner of the point and shoot camera, and one for the owner of the DSLR. My hope for the first semester was that those with DSLRs would take the session 1 course, the intro course, and then continue on with session 2. That's not what happened, however and I had a lot of people in my second session who did not take the first, and as a result I ended up having to repeat a lot of information which may have been frustrating for those who took the first session. Although they seemed fine with, I thought I'd try it this way and see what happens. I may go back to the way it was last semester, however, and simply make session 1 a prerequisite for session 2 -- it's a work in progress! If you are interested in either or both of these courses, take a look at the Community Ed website and contact them about signing up. It's a lot of fun!

I mentioned yesterday that I attended the Sandy Puc Family Portrait tour and learned quite a bit about marketing. One of the interesting tidbits I learned was that YouTube is actually the second most popular search engine on the web. Who knew!? So I decided to make a few little slideshows of images and put them on YouTube just for fun and to see if they get any clicks. What do you think?

Keep watching here as I play with some of the ideas I learned the other night. You never know what you'll see!

1 comment:

  1. This post is very old but do you still offer photography classes?

    ReplyDelete