Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My new lens came in!


New Lensweb
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
My new lens came in today! It was almost like giving birth. First there was the period of planning and saving as I watched the price go up and down to the point where I finally decided to pounce on it. Then there was the nausea much like morning sickness early on when I placed the order -- I just spent how much?! -- then there was the period of anxious anticipation as I counted the days waiting for its arrival. And finally the moment I'd been waiting for -- the ring of the bell as the UPS man asked me to sign his little gadget and take possession of my package. Okay so that last part wasn't preceded by hours of labor, but you get the idea. There's a new baby in the house.

Introducing the Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM. Weighing in at 3 pounds and 2 ounces, born to us at 2:08 p.m. today. I know her name is a mouthful but I haven't decided on a shorter name yet. I may just refer to her as Niamh -- the Celtic Goddess of beauty and brightness -- because she's really going to create some beautiful images by letting in more light (hence the brightness part). I had to Google that.

But whatever we call her, I know she'll be an important addition to my arsenal of lenses. Take a look at the first shot I took with her just moments after pulling her out of her bubble-wrap womb. My boy was all the way across the room when I shot this image. The lighting was quite low and there was no use of flash and he still came out sharp and with fine detail on his little face.

I can't wait for my next wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, how exciting! I know how much you wanted that lense!

    ReplyDelete