Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year


Ginger1web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
The past few weeks have gone by in a blur! I can't believe it's time for the kids to start back up to school. I have enjoyed the past few days immensely. There were no activities, no appointments, no place we needed to be so we just existed. We hung out around the house and caught up on chores. We also made time for some nearby sight-seeing, we toured the San Antonio Botanical Gardens, ate at our favorite restaurants, did some shopping. Usually I'm ready for a return to normalcy, but not this time. I like doing nothing and being lazy!

On the photo side of all this, I shot like crazy at the SA Botanical Gardens and I hope to share some of it soon. I also decided to offer it as one of the locations I can recommend for outdoor shoots. There were lots of photographers and subjects there having their portraits made and it's easy to see why.

The photo I'm sharing today is very personal. This is my boy. He's become a candy-holic this holiday season and it seems separating him from his candy addiction will be troublesome. The boy found himself in paradise the other day when we put together a gingerbread house. If he were small enough to move into it and take up residence he would do it in a heartbeat. I dread the dental bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment