Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Family photo time


Collageweb
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I've been so busy the past couple of years taking portraits of other people's families that I really haven't had a chance to sit down and do our own. The photos on the walls of our home show my son as a baby and many visitors are baffled as to why I don't have many current portraits -- considering I'm always shooting. I do tend to use my own children as guinea pigs when trying out new lighting techniques, props, poses, and locations so I do have a nice assortment of failed and sometimes surprisingly clever shots that remain on the computer and never make it onto the wall. But now it was time to get us all together and print them up and stick them on the wall.

As you can see, it turned into a free for all. Picture taking is not a serious affair at our house -- and it really shouldn't be -- it should be fun. Flipping through the raw images is pretty entertaining and similar to watching a movie-- funny faces, children pinching and pushing each other, eyes looking everywhere except the camera. I threw together some of my favorites to share here.

I did manage to get some nice images of the children and of all of us together. Take a look if you have the time.

Also a reminder that the first session of my photography class starts up next week. Sign up now before it fills up! Here's the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment