Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Simple Beauty


Old Tree
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I have a thing for trees. I love them. Especially when they are interesting and old. You have to wonder about some of these trees that have been around for hundreds of years. If they could talk, what would they tell us? There's one in the park here in New Braunfels that is so massive it needs stone pillars to hold us some of its branches. It has a fence around it to protect people from getting crushed if some of it's enormous branches were to break off. It has to be several centuries old. That's not the one I have pictured here, this is another interesting tree. It's pretty old too, and I'm fascinated in the twists and turns its branches and its roots take. I've been spending a lot of time at the park lately going on walks and taking photos of whatever catches my eye. I'll share some of them with my blog when I get one that makes me really happy like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment