Monday, June 15, 2009

Classes anyone?


Lindsey8web
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
After much soul-searching and discussion, I have decided to begin offering photography classes this fall. I'll be applying with Community Education this week and if they're okay with it, I'll offer an intro to basic photography class through them. I've heard it at least a dozen times from friends, acquaintances, people I meet on the streets here in New Braunfels, that they wish they had a class they could take to make them a better photographer. On one hand, I feel a little awkward teaching, being that I still feel like I'm learning so much myself. But, in my opinion, when a photographer stops learning, she stops growing. We are all always learning something new every day and I hope that I will never say "there's nothing left to learn." So yes, I will continue attending seminars and workshops to learn more and more and now I can turn around and teach those skills I pick up to others. I'll be the student and the teacher! I've started putting together my syllabus and I'm open to suggestions. What do you think I should include in the course?

The photo you're looking at above is another of my breastfeeding series. Isn't he cute! He kept turning his head to look at me and in the process performed all sorts of gymnastics tricks. This is one of my favorites!

1 comment:

  1. Great photo and I think the classes are a great idea! Photography is an ever changing business so there is ALWAYS new things to learn.

    ReplyDelete