Thursday, April 14, 2011

The year without bluebonnets. :-( {New Braunfels Photography}

It was a dismal year for bluebonnets here in New Braunfels. I had my hopes up. Last year was amazing. I shot session after session in the gorgeous blue flowers. The seeds were overflowing the fields after that gorgeous crop. Then the dry winter came and those poor little seeds were wasted. So few of them sprouted.

I had hoped to offer weekends full of mini session in the flowers. But those plans didn't happen. I did manage to get one successful session in with a small patch we found near Landa Street.



The flowers were virtually gone within a few days, however, and I had to get creative with the next "bluebonnet" session on the calendar. I managed to capture a few of the blue flowers and turn up the blue saturation a bit to make them more impressive in some of the shots. I also cheated a little and duplicated some of them in Photoshop -- shhh. Fortunately, these kids were so cute they didn't need bluebonnets to make a great photo session. I like the images without bluebonnets just as much.

Let's home next year is bluer for us in New Braunfels.




Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment