Wednesday, September 22, 2010

For Rent: Photographer with Really Cute Shoes


Wedding Bliss
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
I learned a valuable lesson last weekend. A lesson that's sort of a no brainer for most people who work on their feet -- and deep down I knew it, but I thought I'd chance it anyway. I paid for it for two days. What I'm talking about is putting "looking cute" ahead of personal comfort in the form of sensible shoes. But I really love my little strappy black heels with the shiny bling up the top of the foot. They're so trendy, so stylish, so hot, and so incredibly painful after about three hours. The wedding I shot went on for four hours. I knew they wouldn't last long on the comfort scale. I thought they were 4-hour shoes. I took a risk, I lost. Lesson learned.

I usually wear the more sensible shoes when I shoot a wedding. Shoes with proven staying power. Shoes that are always, inevitably a little lower on the trendiness scale. But this was a shorter affair than most of the weddings I shoot and I got cocky about my ability to endure. It won't happen again.

But on the bright side, I'm really happy with the images I captured while under extreme discomfort. My throbbing feet did nothing to slow me down.

Nick and Megan threw a beautiful bash and it's always so nice to see two people who love each other so much celebrating that love.

This wedding gave me a chance to break in my new Canon 5D Mark II. I needed a camera to use for low light conditions that will give me excellent quality even at high ISOs and I believe I've found that in this new camera. This particular wedding officiant had a policy of no flash photography during the ceremony and the lights in the church were horribly dim during the service. Of course when he says no flash photography, he's only talking about the pro photographer, because flashes from relatives and friends were blinking throughout the service. I never understood those policies, but who am I to argue. I'm just happy to be there.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this special day Nick and Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment