Saturday, December 19, 2009

Missing: One butterfly


caterpillar
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Two weeks ago this lovely caterpillar stowed away on one of our potted plants that we pulled in when the weather was getting cold. It promptly spun into a cocoon on the wooden blinds in the office before we could find it and put it safely outside. Once they attach themselves to something to transform it's best to leave them alone. So we wait.
And wait.
And wait.
This afternoon we found the cocoon empty. No butterfly in sight. We looked and we looked. How far could the butterfly have gotten? Could a cat have found it before us? Still no sign of the butterfly in our home. I expect we'll come across him eventually. There aren't that many places for a butterfly to hide.

In the meantime, the kids are out of school for two weeks and I look forward to a short vacation next week. I'm done with all my holiday photo sessions and I have none on the schedule until after the new year. The next two weeks I suspect I'll be shooting plenty nonetheless.

If I don't get a chance to get back on here and blog some more next week then let me just say have a very Merry Christmas. I've been truly blessed this past year on a personal and a professional level and I'm thankful to all those who have made that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment