Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Class is in session! {New Braunfels Photography Class}

I opened Lisa on Location about 10 years ago and shortly after that, I was asked to teach classes at community ed. There was a demand for the class and it was always full to capacity.

I had a lot of fun in those early years but, unfortunately, let the class slip away after six or seven years of it. I taught hundreds of people how to take their cameras out of auto and how to take total control of their images.

Last year the new coordinator for community ed at New Braunfels ISD called me and asked me to offer the class again. I thought about it. I didn't know if I'd have time. But I decided to give it another go with some alterations. I'd no longer teach it at the school building on Mill Street, but here in my studio. The capacity is smaller here so I had to limit it to just a few people. I wouldn't be able to take in the couple of dozen people who used to sign up. But it would be smaller and more intimate.

The 5 ladies who signed up had a great time and we got to know each other over the course of the 5 weeks. So here we are again with a new year and a new season.

This year the class will be on Tuesdays at 6:30 starting September 18. It'll run for 5 weeks and cover topics like exposure, composition, basic lighting, equipment and very basic photo editing.

It's for the beginner with little to no experience. It's targeted to people who own DSLR cameras but don't really know how to use them other than to put them on auto and push the button.

The class is limited to just about 8 people because that's all I can really handle in the studio. If you're interested, call Marcie at New Braunfels ISD Community Education. Her number is 830-643-5729 . Or, click here to sign up online.

Can't wait to meet you!



Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment