Friday, January 11, 2013

In Celebration of Jammie Day, a little randomness

Yes, I am still here and I am still working on my Project 365. It seems I've been so intent on catching up with that huge rush of work that hit me in December that I've neglected to post any of my images. I do promise to catch you up on the images that are in my iphone and still in my various cameras. But for now I wanted to share with you a little piece of scattered thoughts.

You see today is Jammie Day for me. I woke up this morning and decided to stay in my jammies. I changed into clean jammies first, lest I be accused of just rolling out of bed. But in these jammies, I shall stay all day. On this I swear. So in honor jammie day, I give you this image. The image you see is day 60-something taken a few days ago.

It was taken on a non-jammie day, but it was late at night and I hadn't taken my photo of the day and it was pretty darn cute sitting on the table next to my desk where my boy left it earlier and I'm pretty darn sure I was wearing my jammies at that time of the night.

The thing that struck me as odd was that the eyes are two different colors. I swear when I bought this Cat in the Hat plush toy many years ago when my oldest was merely a babe in arms, that both of those eyes were the exact same color.

So that made me wonder, late at night on day 60-something -- Why are two eyes, literally a few millimeters apart from each other, exposed to the same conditions day in and day out, changing colors at a different rate? I pondered this thought for a while on day 60-something. Thinking about possibilities of different exposure to sunlight. Different exposure to various sticky substances on little fingers, different exposure to stresses and doggie slobber. But I got nothing. And before you know it, I'd missed my bathtime and all the hot water was gone and I had to wait until it warmed up again.

And so now that is why, here on jammie day as I flip through some of the images from my project that I hadn't shared with you yet, I have decided to share this one today. Now you too can be distracted with deep thoughts about why the eyes of our Cat in the Hat doll are changing colors at different rates and you too, can waste some of your time on this glorious Friday morning. Apologies to my December brides waiting for your wedding images to be edited. A little randomness was in order today.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment