Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm on it! Rain or Shine Location Photography

I had the honor of photographing one of my favorite teachers the other day. She's one of the sweetest ladies I know and I really wanted to make this a great session for her. So when I woke up that morning of our 7:45 a.m. session to the sound of rain, my heart sank. I love the rain. I love the rain at 7:45 a.m. on a Saturday morning when all I have to do is lay in bed in listen to it. I do not, however, love the rain so much on the morning of a session with one of my favorite people.

I packed up my camera bag and headed out to the Faust Street bridge and found her and her family huddled under an umbrella and ready to get started. She was great about the rain. She loves the rain. And by a wonderful coincidence, her umbrella coordinated perfectly with their outfits. So we got started. We headed under the bridge, I set up some lighting and we managed to get some nice images without getting wet. We could have stopped there. But when I casually asked her if she minded too terribly getting wet on the bridge, and she enthusiastically said yes, I was set. I slapped on my nifty plastic shoot sleeve to protect my gear and we headed up top.

It wasn't so bad. Yes, our hair was flat by the end and everyone had squishy socks, but we had a good time and got some original images for their Christmas cards that nobody else will have. I don't want to shoot in the rain every day. But living in Texas, I don't have to worry about that. I can be thankful for whatever rain we get. And keep shooting.

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment