Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Top o' the mornin' to ya! A bit of luck on Spring Break for me. {New Braunfels Photography}

Every year on St. Patrick's Day I think of a spring break trip I took years ago. My girls were just little squirts not even in school yet and the boy was a distant future we could have never foreseen. Me and my girls tagged along with a friend of mine and her two boys up to Fort Worth. We took the train and made it an adventure. We made a trip to the zoo, wandered the streets of the historic district and stayed up late. We ate at a little Irish restaurant downtown and I wore my youngest girl out so heavily she fell asleep in the middle of her meal and splatted her face into her corned beef. That's what memories are made of.

This year we planned ahead for our spring break fun and booked a cruise around the Caribbean, but we booked too early (before the schools set their calendar) and they made spring break a week earlier than usual so we were off on our dates. Not to worry. I knew exactly how to solve that. This year I decided to declare spring break a two week event instead of one. Twice the days off and twice the adventure.

I kicked the break off with a beautiful outdoor wedding at the New Braunfels Conservation Society. This setting was peaceful, relaxed and simple. The bride's room was an old cottage with antique furniture and the wedding and reception area was a covered gazebo amidst the gardens.

The bride is one of the nicest ladies I've ever met and it was a piece of cake to capture the fun. I hardly had to work at all to get nice images with these people and this venue.

My work isn't over for now. I have another engagement session to shoot this week and a fun bridal on the beaches of Grand Caymen, but really, with work that's as fun as that, how can you really call it work?

I can't wait to share the images I shoot next week with you!

Lisa On Location Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment