Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm Thankful for .... You!


Christmas Cards
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Thank you! It's the time of year for us to give thanks but that's not why I'm writing this blog -- I'd be writing it no matter what time of year it were. I'm taking a break after an extremely busy weekend to write a little thank you note to you. My friends. My family. My blog readers. My clients. Thank you for supporting me in my dreams to run my own business and be successful. I could not have done it and not continue to do it without you.

Most of you know I retired from the world of journalism and photojournalism roughly 11 years ago to stay at home with my babies and be a full time mommy to them. It was a tough choice to make, but one that I've never regretted. I picked up the camera again two years ago with the intent of going at this full time once my little boy starts kindergarten next fall. The response I've received lately has been overwhelming. My weekends are filling up with sessions faster than I ever thought they would and I recently expanded to weekday sessions to allow me to make time for everyone who wanted a session. Thank you. I can't thank you enough for referring me to your friends and for trusting me to photograph your family. I know it's a huge honor. Whether it's been to photograph your wedding, your pregnancy, your babies, your event or your family -- it's an honor and a responsibility that I don't take lightly.

Much of the business side of Lisa on Location has been learn as I go. I have developed friendships with many photographers who I admire and have taught me a lot. If you are one of those -- thank you. I've met with some of the most brilliant marketing and business experts in the field and am amazed at how much I still have to learn -- although I feel I've learned so much already. If you are one of them -- thank you.

I'd especially like to thank my husband who has taken up the slack for me playing the mommy and daddy roles when I was buried deep in mountains of work. I'd like to thank my children for their patience with me and for understanding that mommy has dreams to fulfill too. Their maturity in supporting Lisa on Location has filled me with pride. I'd like to thank my friends and my family for helping me with childcare -- you know who you are.

But mostly I'd like to thank YOU. Every time you allow me to photograph your family you are helping me achieve my dreams. Every time you pass out my card or my website address to your friends you are helping me achieve my dreams as well. I couldn't do this without you. From the bottom or my heart, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment