Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tis the Season for Making Holiday Cards: New Braunfels Photography


Holiday Card
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
Every year the number of Christmas cards I send out goes up. And every year the number of Christmas cards I receive in return goes down. Gone are the days I could string them across the living room as part of my decorating.

I need to send Christmas cards. There are so many people I adore who I don't see as much as I'd like to and I have so much I want to tell them. I always write a nice letter with a little paragraph about what each child is up to and what Jayme and I have been up to. Am I corny? Am I old fashioned? I like to think I'm ahead of the game. Christmas cards are big for people like me and there are lots of us out there.

I want to send out Christmas cards to all my clients this year. I've been busy designing the layout, shopping around for print companies and then setting up the image I'd like to send out of our family. I put my own session on the calendar and treated it just like a regular client session. I had to or it would have gotten filled with something. The weather almost chased us away. There was a good chance of rain, it had been cloudy and yucky all day and I feared I'd have to postpone. But just as I was setting up, the sun broke through and shined on the field we were in and I jumped to work. It wasn't easy trying to build the family portrait with me missing. I had 10 seconds to push the button and position myself and of course I couldn't see me so I didn't know how it looked until after the shot when I had to run back to the camera. The girls were restless, the boy wanted to run. I wasn't happy of course with how I looked in most of my shots and had to set each shot up over and over again until I could at least be satisfied that I didn't look like I just ran over and threw myself into the pile.

So there you have it. That's my family. We're low on the formalities and high on the silliness. Now to slap that baby down into one of the card templates I've created and send it off to the printer.

Give me a call to set up your holiday family session! December will be here before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment