Monday, July 19, 2010

I blinked...

regionalweb7
Originally uploaded by lisablaschke
...and all of a sudden summer is more than halfway over with. Time flies! I usually watch the days ticking away from the comfort of my air-conditioned home, venturing out for photo sessions only near sunset when it's cooled off. So imagine my horror when I spent most of Saturday outside in the triple digit heat to shoot the Landa Park Dolphins as they played host to the TAAF regional swim meet. By 9 a.m. I was ready to throw in the towel and hand the camera off to Jayme while I went home to a cool glass of soda and my remote. But that wouldn't be very supportive of me to my daughter, who didn't even swim her first event until nearly noon. So I stuck it out and tried to fill my time with shooting so I wouldn't think about how incredibly sweltering hot it was. I put most of what I shot here if you'd like to take a look.

I'm proud to report that the Dolphins will be sending more swimmers than even before to the TAAF state swim meet in August, this year to be held in the hopping metropolis that is Waco.

In other news on the homefront, we welcomed a new kitten into the house -- that's her below. The intent was to give me a lap kitty, which I've been sorely missing since Tootsie's passing a few months ago. Alas, this kitten has spent more time in the laps of my children than in mine. I'm patiently waiting for her newness to wear off so that I may begin enjoying my new lap kitty.

We also welcomed Orion's new pet cricket into the house the other day. Crickets were swarming at the swim meet and he managed to capture one in his towel and sneak it home. I'd like to post a photo of him as well, but I'm afraid he has been lost somewhere in the vicinity of the living room. But Orion continues to search his toys and swears he can hear him somewhere behind the battery compartment of his Mr. Robot. We pray he turns up soon for all of our sakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment